Though it’s been a while since I posted anything on this blog, there have definitely been some interesting steps forward in advancing NASA’s enterprise Web environment. I’ll write more about that soon. One thing those steps forward have resulted in is the green-lighting of some pilot projects to prototype new enterprise Web solutions for NASA. One of those projects involves developing two prototypes using Google Sites software and other applications and features within the Google Apps Enterprise Suite.
I’m currently looking for 3 resources to help out with this pilot. See below for details.
The NASA Google Sites Projects will use Google Sites software (and other appropriate software applications within the Google Apps Enterprise Suite) to develop 2 prototype enterprise web solutions. The first prototype will explore Google Sites as a social intranet solution. The second prototype will explore Google Sites as a collaborative extranet that allows NASA scientists, researchers, and mission operations personnel to effectively and securely collaborate with trusted, non-NASA partners. Each prototype will be developed using content in existing legacy web content management solutions.
Length of project is 2-3 months and will start on March 1.
Web Front End Design Engineer
Candidate will lead the visual interface design, information design, and information architecture of 2 prototype enterprise web sites to be built using Google Sites. Candidate will be responsible for developing the required Google Sites compatible themes, page templates, and Google gadgets required for the presentation of existing content within a Google Sites based solution. Candidate will also provide necessary documentation for use by resources tasked with content migration.
- 3 years experience designing and implementing web sites/ web applications using front-end web technologies, including XHTML and CSS
- Previous experience with Web content management systems and CMS templating features
- Previous experience designing and implementing designs and information architectures for web content published with Google Sites
Content Manager (2)
The Content Managers will be tasked with the migration of content from existing web sites into prototype web sites built with Google Sites. This task will include the implementation and formatting and content into predefined templates and layouts.
- Previous experience with online content management systems
- Previous experience publishing content using web based content editors and publishing tools used for display of photos and images
- Understanding of web templates and layouts
- Understanding of web display technologies such as html
To be clear, candidates would be working for Dell Federal Government Services on a contract Dell has to provide I.T. resources at NASA Ames Research Center in California. But I am willing to discuss the project and work with the right person located anywhere in the U.S.
If you are interested, send me an email at email@example.com. Please include your resume; any web links that might help me get to know you and your previous work; and your hourly rate if possible.