The first sign of the flu came to me in the form of lower body aches last Thursday morning. Bu that afternoon, it had become a full body ache and I was done for. I would be completely bedridden for the next four days. Then mostly bedridden for another one. Only this morning did I start feeling close to 100%. Here’s a random list from my time with the flu.
- Took 2,456 doses of ibuprofen1
- In addition to ibuprofen, my body took on plenty acetominophen, Pepto Bismol, Thera-Flu, NyQuil, DayQuil, and some Advil Cold & Sinus for good measure. If Hunter S. Thompson had shown up and let me choose from the trunk of his car, it would have been a no brainer to add a half dozen or so amyls to that list.2
- Thought about 2 dozen blog post ideas that I didn’t write down anywhere and I’m sure I’ll never write
- Ate 1 bowl of soup, a few bananas, a couple slices of toast, and 2 fried eggs. That was pretty much it over the duration of the flu
- Drank 9 32 oz bottles of Gatorade
- Missed a few hundred work emails
- I’d tell you how many rolls of toilet paper I went through, but that would be gross.
- Watched all 13 episodes of Rubicon – which was great until the last episode.
- Read Everybody Loves You When You’re Dead by Neil Strauss from cover to cover. Not a bad read. Recommended if you like reading about rock stars.
Yes. This was a pointless blog post. But I needed to write a pointless, get-myself-back-to-blogging post so here it is. You may now go back to regular programming.